Multiple lists enforce thinking if it is appropriate before posting.
Moderators can ban/redirect unappropriate message. Flexcomponents often
redirect new users to flexcoders if the question is not about components.
You almost never see questions on UI design in weborb.

All in all - let us have the simplest thing possible - multiple list - we
will see how people position themselves, and which parts of flex are
actually position to grow. In old moderated world of CompuServe product of
Flex scope would have 15-20 lists and that would give very concise picture
of the product feature, median developer level, much faster/easier
search and better networking.

Thank you,
Anatole Tartakovsky
Farata