At 03:34 PM 9/15/2005, Edward J White wrote:
We have to hope that Gerald produces a new
 version of the SDR with all we have learned
Does this mean that the SDR-1000 we now know will stop being and another
SD-XXXX will be comming ? Or do you mean that we will be upgrading the
hardware to make a better system?
Ed
WA3BZT

I would think that the current incarnation of the hardware is really a SDR-1100 (or something).. the RFE is a significantly different hardware platform than the original BPF on the original SDR1000. For that matter, there's at least two different flavors of the PIO card in the stack for the SDR1000, although the electrical and functional interfaces are the same.

One could argue that you should define higher level system configurations too. Is a 600 MHz celeron and a mobo sound card really comparable to a 3 GHz P4 with a D44?

James Lux, P.E.
Spacecraft Radio Frequency Subsystems Group
Flight Communications Systems Section
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena CA 91109
tel: (818)354-2075