Looking at the picture a few of the crappy solder joints on my PIO
board were located at those pins on the header that Tony jumpered
around.  I read about the heat problem with the DDS chip in an old
forum message and did some probing around when I first had the dropout
problem.   It indicated that there was some problem on the PIO board
and not a problem with the DDS chip, but every time I put any
mechanical stress on the PIO board the problem would disappear.  That
is why I just started resoldering all the bad suspect looking solder
joints on the PIO board.  After running almost continuously for 3+
months I have not had any more problems since I resoldered those
joints...  I would STRONGLY encourage you to inspect the solder joints
on the boards before suspecting the DDS chip, especially if your
SDR-1000 has the heatsink already on the DDS chip.

73 de Phil N8VB