Let me say that I am now of the opinion that all of this high resolution clock business was something of a diversion from the real problems.

Anyway, on my machine ACPI 2.0 enabled, I read 3,200,000,000 as the clock frequency and 0.000313 uSec as a tick, etc. using perf.exe What I think really matters is what blocks your keyer? I believe we have removed many of the impediments to good performance in the last six weeks.

On my ASUS motherboard, I had to TELL IT to use ACPI 2.0. I did this in the bios setup. The high resolution clock in the setup panel for the keyer means "you can safely use 1 msec" timer. Otherwise it chooses 10msec. The impact of 10msec is that you really are limited to 20wpm or less with any hope of getting reasonable performance. It is time to revisit the question: are there folks getting reasonable CW performance using the "high res" timer in the code even though perf.exe reports 3.5 MHz?

Bob

Tim Ellison wrote:
What processor are you using?  I have a Athlon 2X (dual core) 4400+
(2.2 GHz) on an Asus A8V Deluxe (VIA chipset) and I get the exact same
values you report.  If you have a different processor, then there may be
a bug in the program.

-Tim
---
Tim Ellison ( [EMAIL PROTECTED] )