[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> Dave (G0DJA)
>>

> Dave,   Please re-read the subject title. see the word "option"...
> Also please see Feature Tracker for cogent comments on how to
> implement a fix. You will see from the feature tracker comments that
> many valid engineering reasons were stated  why the display space
> should be better utilized, and better implementations for the feature.
Dan,

For a while I was worried that, by raising the problems that I was, and
still am having, with the SDR1000 software and hardware, when you
compare it with buying a black box and actually getting things to work,
that I might be seen as being a bit over-the-top in my comments.

However, your points seem to be critical of something that works and,
even if you do not like it, can be altered...

Something like putting some black tape over a light that is too bright
on a radio display.

Now, if you could get my SDR1000 to actually receive PSK31 like the
FT817 I have, then I would personally be more impressed.  ROTFL

Dave (G0DJA)