Hi Bob, I am one of the happy campers who enjoys using vCOM every day
without any problems. The Eltima product might be an expensive solution
looking for a problem.

I use vCOM for both CAT connectivity (6-16 pair) and CW keying (7-17
pair) between MixW and PowerSDR. I have used vCOM with EasyPal digital
SSTV and other digi programs without a glitch.  vCOM has worked
faithfully for several years (since 2005)
http://www.philcovington.com/SDR.html

I want to thank Phil Covington for his generous contribution of vCOM
along with:
#   .NET 1.1 Serial Port Support Class
#   .NET 1.1 Socket Utilities Class
#   Serial to TCP  Bridge
#   SharpDSP Console for the Softrock
#   The beautiful live analog S-Meter (patterned after John KC5NRA)
#   XML serialization for PowerSDR
#   SharpDevelop alternative compiler examples and demonstration
#   Mono testing and exploration
#   His innumerable contributions to Mercury and HPSDR
#   His new QuickSilver VERB DDC design
#   and now SharpDSP2 for the QuickSilver

de ken n9vv

--
What a fantastic time to be in Ham Radio!