Good that you could measure the numbers there, Ed.

I don't know the numbers for any of my rigs, but I just did a quickie
listening test and the K3 definitely gives me audible band noise
conditions at 35. I am new to the K3 and don't really know how to get
the optimum from it yet - it probably does as well as the official
Elecraft claim:  "With the internal keyer running at an indicated 50
WPM, you can hear band activity between dits while using the
narrowest filters. " (From the Elecraft website K3 FAQ).

The K3 lets me dial in a specific speed, so it was easy to set it to
35 for tests. Not so the ICOM 756PRO3, which I also tested. I tried
it at what I believe is at least 30 WPM, and I could hear band noise
on it also. The ICOM uses reed relays.

I had an IC-7000 in operation for a while a few weeks ago and
satisfied myself that I could hear band conditions between dits with
it also, but didn't record any WPM numbers. It was probably in the 30
WPM range.

W0QE has made keying time measurements on a number of modern rigs (he
was interested in switchover timing for amplifier QSK use) at
http://www.bnk.com/w0qe/amplifier_timing.html . Some of his data may
be usable to estimate possible QSK speed limits per your
calculations, but the receiver recovery time is not included in his report.

I hope someone with a better "lab" than mine can put some of these
rigs to the test as you request and actually record and publish the
resulting audio. That would help popularize full QSK, I think - when
you have heard/used the real thing, you want nothing less.

Thanks for the work you have done to improve PowerSDR.

Jerry W4UK