Hello Army,

Does the Heil Pro Headset place emphasis on certain frequencies or in other
words not have a flat frequency response?

Perhaps that is the key to no equalization in the first place? If so are there
any other mikes out there that give similar results?

Unfortunately I can't use a headset.

Edwin MarzanAB2VW> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED];
FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz> Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 13:13:51 -0500> Subject: Re:
[Flexradio] Audio> > Jon,> > You put it very well, trying to improve perfection
;o) Different strokes> for different folks. That certainly keeps life
interesting. > > I use a Heil Pro Headset with my 5000, and followed the
excellent knowledge> base article on properly setting mike gain levels. I do
not use any> equalization, either internal to PowerSDR, or external. It is the
rule,> rather than the exception, that I receive unsolicited compliments on my>
"excellent transmit audio" from stations that I work. > > Spend a few moments
getting your mike level set properly, and then get on> the air and enjoy. The
5000 is fantastic!> > 73,> Army - AE5P> > > -----Original Message-----> From:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jon> Sent: Friday,
June 06, 2008 12:40 PM> To: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz> Subject: [Flexradio]
Audio> > > I just ordered a Flex 5000 and have been reading the posts about the
> mic and audio. Are there issues/problems with the audio or is this > just
talk about improving perfection? Just curious.> > Jon Valdina> Waiting for my
http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/> Knowledge Base:
http://kb.flex-radio.com/ Homepage:> http://www.flex-radio.com/> > > No virus
found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG. > Version: 8.0.100 / Virus
Database: 270.0.0/1487 - Release Date: 6/6/2008> 8:01 AM> > >