Hello Edwin,

The Heil Proset Plus has both the HC4, and the HC5 microphone elements
which can be selected via a small side switch.

I've found that the HC5 sounds great without any EQ at all, and Heil
sells the HC5 in quite a few microphones, among them the HM5, available
from FlexRadio:
http://www.flex-radio.com/Products.aspx?topic=F5K_accessories

The HC5 element is not flat, and includes some pre-emphasis at certain
frequencies, and a carefully tailored low-end rolloff, so you can use it
with the FLEX-5000 or SDR-1000 without any EQ at all and it should sound
very good right out of the box.

Furthermore, you can use the PowerSDR Equalizer to 'sharpen' up the
sound from the HC5 for DX purposes, if you'd like.

73, Dale
WA8SRA