-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jeff Anderson
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 10:43 AM
To: Reflector Flex-Radio
Subject: [Flexradio] TX Audio Quality Help, please!

Some friends of mine and I often meet on 80 meters to operate in
wideband audio mode (4k to 5k audio) on SSB.  (Yes, I know that this
isn't recommended operating practice,but we do it early in the evening
before the band becomes occupied, so (hopefully) we aren't bothering
anyone, and it sure does sound good.)  Anyway, there have been a few
complaints about my audio.  I've been fighting this problem since
January, and I've tried a number of things to improve the audio, but
nothing has helped.  Neither Gerald nor John at Flex have had any luck
replicating my problem - it seems I'm the only one experiencing it.

Anyway - I'm at wit's end trying to figure out what the heck is going
on, and so I thought I'd try the massive brain power on the reflector to
see if anyone here might have any ideas.  I'm open to all suggestions!

To get an idea of what I'm experiencing, you can go to my Blog.  The URL
is:  http://k6jca.blogspot.com/

There are three different audio tests.  If you could, please take a
listen.  Is there distortion, or am I imagining things?  If you do hear
distortion, any ideas of what to do?

Suggestions, advice, and comments are welcome!  And by the way, if any
of you run a Heil PR-40 directly into your Flex, what settings for TX EQ
do you use?

Thanks!

- Jeff, k6jca