Don,

I guess I run just the opposite..   I run the TX drive at 100,  but use
the VAC gain (if you are using VAC)  to regulate my output on digital
(usually about 30 watts)  or TX audio gain (if you feeding audio in thru
either the mic input or line input)   ..    Sometimes the internal gains
are re-routed and the actual values will change slightly..    In Tune,
do you get full output when drive is increased to 100??

73,
Dudley

WA5QPZ