From: Simon HB9DRV [mailto:si...@hb9drv.ch]
Sent: 2. februar 2010 09:18
To: 'Jan Egholm'; 'Bret Mills'
Cc: 'Steven L Hess'; FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: RE: [Flexradio] Spur in PSK31 output even with no rf out into
Dummyload.

Random thoughts:

You shouldn't have any spurs, that's it. Even though the spur is ~60dB down
on the main signal it'll be easy to decode and just shouldn't be there.

As Tim says it could well be a soundcard harmonic *but* you're using VAC, in
which case it would have to be generated inside the VAC driver and this is
indeed possible.

If possible look at the signal fed into the VAC, maybe I'll have to write a
display to show this.

Is the VAC running at 8kHz both ends or is the end connected to PowerSDR
running at a different rate? If so this could account for the spur.

Simon Brown, HB9DRV
http://sdr-radio.com

12:37:00