Yes Joe and the DM780 signal is even cleaner it appears to me to be much
narrower and not in need of any filtering. The apparent width of the
fildigi signal is about 3X wider in the panafall

The trick to get rid of spurs if you have them is the going from 4800 to
4100.

On 02/02/2010 05:13 AM, Joe Knapp wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 7:11 AM, Steven L Hess <sh...@bak.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> From quickly reading the VAC documentation I didn't grasp how I would
>> change the sample rate from 4100 to 4800.
>> As my primary audio sample rate is 48k I attempted to match the VAC
>> PowerSDR setting to the same audio sample rate.
>>
> I wasn't able to change the VAC sample rate to 48K either. Trying to
> force it by changing the VAC range from 11025..96000 to 48000..48000
> just gave me "unanticipated host error" when starting PowerSDR. As you
> say, dropping PowerSDR's rate to 44100 to match VAC eliminates the
> spur. Evidently the sample rate conversion between VAC and PowerSDR
> creates the spur.
>
> Here's a PowerSDR spectrum showing the spur:
>
> http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x269/jmknapp/psdrspec.png
>
> Using Audacity to sample what's coming off the VAC "cable" going into
> PowerSDR shows no spur (in the pass band anyway):
>
> http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x269/jmknapp/audspec.png
>
> Joe

 Regards de KC6KGE
"Up all night"
Monitoring at least one of the following Frequencies:
3975, 7181, 14.329, 52.560, 146.550 Simplex tone squelch PL 100 and, 442.950 +
PL 103.5 or 443.900 + PL 100.