On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 7:11 AM, Steven L Hess <sh...@bak.rr.com> wrote:
> From quickly reading the VAC documentation I didn't grasp how I would
> change the sample rate from 4100 to 4800.
> As my primary audio sample rate is 48k I attempted to match the VAC
> PowerSDR setting to the same audio sample rate.

I wasn't able to change the VAC sample rate to 48K either. Trying to
force it by changing the VAC range from 11025..96000 to 48000..48000
just gave me "unanticipated host error" when starting PowerSDR. As you
say, dropping PowerSDR's rate to 44100 to match VAC eliminates the
spur. Evidently the sample rate conversion between VAC and PowerSDR
creates the spur.

Here's a PowerSDR spectrum showing the spur:

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x269/jmknapp/psdrspec.png

Using Audacity to sample what's coming off the VAC "cable" going into
PowerSDR shows no spur (in the pass band anyway):

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x269/jmknapp/audspec.png

Joe