Hi Dick

There is no problem having your radio connected to the internet.

The only problems with that appear when:
1. Your computer (like many Dells) put the ethernet jack, usb controllers
and the PCI slots all on the same IRQ so when a burst of data appears on the
ethernet/usb ports, the audio stream from the flex gets queued, hence a gap
or distortion.
2. You are using a usb wifi stick and it might bleed into the cables causing
some spurs on the panadapter
3. Your CPU is underpowered (like below 2.0GHz with a cpu using a very small
L2/L3 cache and you are streaming video from the net/lan at the same time
you want to play radio (not sure why you would but if you don't have at
least three items it looks strange!)

No reason for anyone to suffer thru this unless they don't want to worry
about virus (now antivirus programs like Norton and Macafee are system/radio
killers if they are not very well behaved).

I could not live without being connected to my dxcluster (www.k3nc.com if
you are interested).

I think people report that Outlook/Outlook Express seem to not be
well-behaved in a flex environment, but I do not use them so I do not know.

This is purely an observation so I am not reporting this as pure fact, but
every system that I try to help people with who have unexplained and
intermittent DPC bursts all have Logitech software installed. I am not
stating this is the cause of these events, but I personally find Logitech
software to be so obnoxious and naggy that it would not surprise me at all
if it is a problem. It is constantly calling home to tell you wonderful
things about Logitech and nagging you. My advice, based on observation, not
fact, is to just let Windows find the device driver for your logitech
devices and stay away from Logitech desktop, messenger, control center, etc.
If you are using their webcams, look for free software to provide web
access, etc. They rank above Apple Quicktime as the most unfriendly software
(and that is a tough award to win).

So, get a well designed computer, use RJ45 if you can otherwise get a usb
extension cable for your usb wifi stick and get it away from your radio as
far as possible, buy ESET Nod32 antivirus, remove Logitech software and be a
happy flexer!

Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software
www.abrohamnealsoftware.com