It certainly doesn't hurt, and neither does never driving, nor flying, nor having earthquake insurance, but I use the same computer for SDR, Email, digital modes, and browsing among other things too numerous to mention.

   73 Ross K9COX

I have noted with interest the movement among some Flexers to dedicate a PC soley for their radios. I would like to weigh in on this subject, because I haven't seen my position represented in the postings. The main reason I bought an SDR was so that I could have the power of the internet at my finger tips WITH my radio. If it ever becomes necessary to dedicate a PC to my Flex, I will become an ex-Flex owner. The company should make radios, as they currently do, that play nice with the rest of my computer.

Regards,

Dick  KE7XU