It reminds me of my days of being an international road warrior being stuck
in an airport while someone was repairing the plane. There would always be
these guys screaming about a missed connection or meeting and demanding to
take off NOW! I always said that if the Pilots weren't willing to fly the
plane, I didn't want to be on it!

If a software company doesn't want to release a product, you don't want to
use it! The current craze in the software world is something called Agile
Development which views software releases like a train schedule, in other
words, we will release new updates every x weeks and whatever is ready to go
will be part of that release. The assumption is that the released functions
are thoroughly tested but I have witnessed (in my former employer) that the
pressure to "meet the train schedule" it sometimes delivers stuff before its
ready.

I think the expectations of the customers produce a huge amount of pressure
on a company to release stuff before its time. You have to admire those that
don't, even when they are as quick to fix as Flex has shown with the beta
releases (and how few problems exist in the released versions).

73

Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software
www.abrohamnealsoftware.com