Simon

Its not a firewire issue. On the computers I test, you can run DPCLat
without installing the firewire card and the latencies will show about the
same as after you put the card in. The only difference in performance is
whether your firewire card is sharing an interrupt with something and what
that might be.

Its not very difficult. Especially if you are running an AMD Phenom II-based
system. Their northbridge seems to work much better than Intel's for real
time stuff for some reason!

73

Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software