The biggest reason why hams run 64 bit Win Os's is because that is what you can buy from stores.

Go to any BestBuy or Staples and try to buy a Win XP machine or a Win7/Vista 32 bit computer. It ain't gonna happen......

Stan K9IUQ

Michael Walker wrote:
Hi Wayne

The reason we run 64 bit vista is so that we can use more that 4G of memory on the machine. It isn't due to PSDR (at this point). However, we are offloading a lot of what would be happening in a much more expensive radio to somewhere else to do the post processing. It makes it much more scalable. And, much more flexible. Hmmm.... Maybe that is why they call it a Flex!

64 Bit isn't a show stopper at all.

Mike VA3MW