Just one further piece of commentary on this since it was my post below that started the discussion. I have no idea how "old" the critics of SDR that I ran into yesterday were. Who knows? I don't want to imply that this is some sort of old timers vs. new blood thing. At what point does one become an "old timer" anyway? I'm 47 and I've been licensed since I was 15. I just think that whatever these folks age were that they were genuinely misinformed about what SDR is. Now whether this was because of ignorance or stubborness and being unwilling to accept new things, I really don't know. I really don't care to argue with folks like that either way. I said my piece about what a great radio I had and then when the criticism started flowing in, I tried to correct some of the misinformation but then quickly gave up because it was pointless. You would not have believed how long after I gave up and said "to each their own" that they continued to badger and make comments like calling it a "flexy screech box" and try to get a rise from me and I refused to acknowledge it. That was the childish part of it. Age doesn't necessarily matter, pick any subject and you can have childish immature ignorant people in all age groups.
73,
Michael, W4HIJ