There are two extremes
1. Giving a date you cannot achieve for shipping
2. Telling the customer it will be ready when its ready
Kevin you are correct Flex is being arrogant. People will understand if you
give a date and miss it as long as you attach an explanation for it.
But saying it is ready when its ready is a non starter.
It appears they are busting their butts to get it done therefore give a
tenative date they hope to make is best