Hi Ed-- I was trying to keep it all mono, with only two lines. Maybe that isn't possible? I don't find a way to choose mono/stereo in DigiPan.

Ed Wilson wrote:
You need to set the sampling rate to 48 KHz a total of four times, Steve, both lines under Playback and both lines under Recording.

Ed, K0KC

*From:* Steve Sterling <f...@sgsterling.com>
*To:* FlexRadio Reflector <FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz>
*Sent:* Mon, July 5, 2010 1:27:45 PM
*Subject:* Re: [Flexradio] Sampling Rate, VAC 4.09, and Windows 7

Back onto the original subject of this thread--

From the thread, I went and checked my VAC settings-- yep-- 44.2kbps sampling rate. I can make QSOs, but people were sometimes having troubles with what I send and report about -20db imd.

Setup:  Flex 5K; SDR 1.18.6; Windows 7/64 bit; VAC 64;  DigiPan

Following the thread advice, I got into Windows 7 and got the default settings for the 2 lines set for 48K. I restart VAC (no programs can be running to restart VAC), then carefully start SDR, then DigiPan.

PROBLEM: once everything is up, I go back into the VAC control panel. The VAC line for receive audio is set for 48K just fine (audio from SDR to DigiPan), and I noticed an improvement in receive quality. But the VAC line for transmitted audio (DigiPan to SDR in transmit) is still set for 44.2K. I've reverified a couple of times that the default on both lines in Windows is 48K ("DVD Quality" as shown in Windows).

Note: Watching VAC control panel through the startup sequence-- before SDR is started, both lines show disabled/not in use. Once SDR starts and I am in digital mode, prior to DigiPan being started, the receive audio line activates at 48K, but the transmit audio line still shows disabled/not in use. When I then start DigiPan, the transmit audio line activates, but only at 44.2K. Also, my transmit audio spectrum shows a 2nd harmonic component that is only 40-50db down from the fundemental.

Any ideas?

By the way, without this reflector I'd never have known there was a issue. The reflector is very valuable.

Steve WA7DUH