On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 9:06 AM, GI1CET <gi1...@btinternet.com> wrote:

>  Joe / Tim
>
> See Bug report 3125 currently at open status.
>
> There are a number of us waiting for some indication of intent regarding
> this bug / issue as it is critical to the decision to purchase (in my case
> at least) as without a fix it's pointless trying to use the 1500 as a
> transverter driver (for higher power operation)

I don't understand this. Certainly one could use the 1500 just the way it is
without problems in a sequenced transverter setup. The mic PTT line is
routed to the sequencer instead of the PTT input on the 1500. The sequencer
is used to assert PTT going into the radio. When you key the mic it then
asserts PTT into the sequencer, which then sequences all the goodies, e.g.
preamp, PA, transverter, and then lastly, the 1500. Whenever I have used a
sequencer that is what I have done. That works with any transceiver.

I think you are complaining that you can't assert the PTT on the radio and
have it routed to the sequencer yet the radio doesn't actually key up until
the sequencer sends it a separate PTT signal. That is nice and it would be
great if Flex did something like that. But it sure isn't standard.

What would you do if you were using a Yaecomwood?

--
Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN/J79BPL
3191 Western Dr.