Hi Brian,

That is how my TS-790 based EME digital mode system functions.
Digital mode keys the RigBlaster via hardware comport 1, which routes PTT
and speaker audio to the sequencer (speaker audio passes unimpeded to the
radio's MIC). The sequencer provides switching to the preamp, driver amp,
8877 amp and then the radio. Digital mode audio is transmitted.

The problem arises when using digital modes with PowerSDR and the Flex-1500.
Digital mode keys PowerSDR via virtual comport 2, PowerSDR keys the
Flex-1500, digital mode audio is sent to PowerSDR via VAC. Flex-1500
FLEXWIRE PTT OUT is asserted too late for the sequencer, preamp is now
toast.

I have tried several different PTT combinations. Such as...

Digital mode keys the RigBlaster via hardware comport 1, which routes PTT to
the sequencer, the sequencer provides switching to the preamp, driver amp,
8877 amp and then the Flex-1500. The Flex-1500 transitions to transmit, but
unfortunately, PowerSDR does see the virutal PTT from digital mode and
consequently does not transmit WSJT audio.

Now, I could setup the Flex-1500 the same way as my current traditional
system. This would require me to use my laptop soundcard, MIC cable, speaker
cable and the RigBlaster.  But, the beauty of PowerSDR and Flex-1500 is to
keep digital audio, digital. We should not have to take analog audio from
the Flex-1500 headset jack and route it into the laptop, nor route laptop
analog speaker audio into the Flex-1500 MIC jack.

Bottom line is, that the only cable running from the laptop or PC to the
Flex-1500 is the USB cable. While the sequencer is connected to the FLEXWIRE
jack.

In a not so distant FlexRadio future I am hopeful of the following:

1. Digital mode would key PowerSDR using virtual serial port.
2. PowerSDR would key Flex-1500, but hold off RF until FLEXWIRE PTT IN is
received.
3. Flex-1500 would key sequencer with FLEXWIRE PTT OUT.
4. Sequencer does its thing and finally keys Flex-1500 FLEXWIRE PTT IN.
5. PowerSDR sees FLEXWIRE PTT IN, enables transmit and routes digital mode
audio via VAC to Flex-1500.

This issue should not be limited to just the users of transverters. As more
Flex users add HF amplifiers to the -1500, the need to sequence keying
becomes critical.

It is difficult to explain what I have experienced, and I hope I don't
confuse the issue.

73

John N6VMO