I have had the problem occasionally that the radio wasn't recognized after powering it up. I have always been able to have the radio recognized when this occurs by going into the device manager and disabling the 1394 host controller and then re-enabling it (right click options on host controller in device tree). Very quick and instantly the radio is recognized. I use the FlexRadio program, (the program used to check the 1394 chip set information), to verify the connection after the reenable.

I make sure PowerSDR is not running when I do this.

The radio is a Flex-5000A and the OS is Windows 7 (64 bit).

With my connection problem, the FlexRadio program will correctly indicate whether I have a radio connection or not.

73,
Bill