Michael,
The new version of DDutil (2.xxxxx) that works only with PSDR 2.0.19 or so, is
structurally different than the older versions. In the new version, DDutil
captures the "state" of PSDR. Other programs that need "state" information
(like band, frequency, mode), query the state info captured in DDutil. This
prevents a lot of questions to PSDR from all the radio control and passive
listener programs- they get it from DDUtil's state data.
So, if you're running DDutil 2.xxxx, then DDutil is the head honcho, and all
other programs are its serfs.
Check out the DDUtil wiki for much better information.
With apologies to Steve Nance.
Jim KJ2P
> Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 21:24:17 -0500
> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [Flexradio] "Chain of command" among add on programs?
>
> Thanks but I was more meaning how the chain of communications is set up
> between programs and not boot up order. In other words, PowerSDR talks
> to Mini deluxe and then DDUTIL or DDUTIL and then Mini deluxe is next
> in the "flow".
> I'll figure it out.
> Michael
>
> On 2/26/2011 3:25 PM, Bill wrote:
> > I make it a practice to start in this order.
> > PSDR
> > DDUt (VPSM should be a resident program and not requires starting
> > manually)
> > then I start any logging or contest program
> >
> > This was on Steve's recommendation some time back, and it seems to
> > work for me.
> > YMMV
> >
> >
> >
> > On 2/26/2011 2:14 PM, Michael Tondee wrote:
> >> OK, I suppose I could google this or search the knowledge base but
> >> it's simpler and quicker to ask here for a direct answer. What is the
> >> order in which to chain the various add ons togehter to work with
> >> PowerSDR. In other words, how are mini deluxe, DDUtil, HRD,
> >> BObSmeter, and VSP manager ordered to work together? What "talks" to
> >> what first? Again, this is something I used to know when I had my 5K
> >> but I have now forgotten when it comes to arranging everything with
> >> the 1500.
> >> Tnx and 73,
> >> Michael, W4HIJ
> >>
> >>
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
> >> [email protected]
> >> http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
> >> Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
> >> Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/ Homepage:
> >> http://www.flexradio.com/
> >>
> >
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
> [email protected]
> http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
> Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
> Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/ Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/ Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/