Hi Tony

First of all, the question I have is:why change? I think the modems that
come with MixW are among the best (the rtty modem usually tests equal to or
better than MMTTY).

I think the voice keyer is the missing element from any other digital
program but many of the ancillary features (logging, beam heading, cluster)
are performed by integrated programs in the "suite" rather than inside the
program.

I am quite partial to mixW even though it looks a little old. I use it
regularly!

73

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 1:03 PM, Tony Estep <[email protected]> wrote:

> I've used MixW for 7 years, and always been happy with it. However, I'd
> like to learn from those who have used other similar software.
>
> Here's what I use MixW for: It maintains my log, transmits/receives CW,
> RTTY and PSK, serves as a voice keyer, figures antenna headings and puts
> them on a display, and has a cluster interface that puts the calls of
> posted stations on the bandmap/waterfall. It allows extensive macro
> programming. It has other capabilities but those are the ones I use.
>
> I have visited the websites of a number of other programs looking for one
> with all the same functionality, but I'm not finding it. I'd be grateful
> for suggestions.
>
> 73,
> Tony KT0NY
>
> --
> http://www.isb.edu/faculty/facultydir.aspx?ddlFaculty=352
> _______________________________________________
> FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
> [email protected]
> http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
> Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
> Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage:
> http://www.flexradio.com/
>



-- 
Neal Campbell
Owner
Abroham Neal LLC
Work:    +1 540 645 5394
Mobile:  +1 540 645 8171
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/

Reply via email to