From: John Kramer <jkra...@iafrica.com>
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz Radio <flexradio@flex-radio.biz>
Sent: Sat, May 18, 2013 11:24 am
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] [Flex radio] Newbie Follow-up

In my opinion this is a seriously bad move by Flex, if it is true. Not everyone
s interested in the 6000 series.
 love my Flex-5000, Flex-3000 and Flex-1500, but if they are going to receive
ittle or no support due to
he 6000 getting the limelight, then my next move will NOT be to the Flex-6000
ut to a new Kenwood TS-990S
73
ohn, ZS5J

On 18 May 2013, at 5:02 PM, Jim Jannuzzo <jsqu...@msn.com> wrote:
> Discontinuing the 5000 makes a lot of sense.  The 6500 has an ATU, Four slice
eceivers, and the best available hardware and software for $4,300.  The 5000
ith an ATU and second RX was about $3,500, IIRC.  With a price point that close
n two top-end radios,  it's better to get the customer base and (especially)
upport resources into the 6500 - 6700.

 But that's a heck of a way to announce a change in plans for the 5000.
 Jim KJ2P