> The default joystick-throttle binding looks like this:
>
>   <axis n="2">
>    <desc>Throttle</desc>
>    <binding>
>     <command>property-scale</command>
>     <property>/controls/throttle[0]</property>
>     <offset type="double">-1.0</offset>
>     <factor type="double">-0.5</factor>
>    </binding>
>    <binding>
>     <command>property-scale</command>
>     <property>/controls/throttle[1]</property>
>     <offset type="double">-1.0</offset>
>     <factor type="double">-0.5</factor>
>    </binding>
>   </axis>
>
> Note that it applies to both throttle[0] and throttle[1].  The default
> keyboard binding affects only throttle[0], because of some hard-coded
> logic concerning the autopilot.  If you have rebound your joystick
> throttle, you may have bound it only to /controls/throttle[0].
>
> You can also control the throttles individually on John's ad-hoc
> panel, or you can bind each throttle to a separate set of keys or a
> separate slider.

I had a joystick but took it back. thinking of adding one with force
feedback to vary the stick forces as a function of airspeed and G, but
that's in the future... But it sounds like I can create keyboard bindings if
not worried about the autopilot.

I was using the ad-hoc panel ( I think, 2 mixture and 2 throttles with
magneto switches stacked on the left?) I probably need to sync up the
fg/opengc interface and see what the EICAS displays are saying.

How do you know if you've landed gear-up in a jet?

It takes excessive power to clear the runway ;-)

Regards
John W.