VS Renganathan writes:
> How about leaving the ascii format as it is 'without further support', so
> that we could continue using it. If its possible to leave it in a working
> condition without breaking that would be wonderful. Afterall the ascii
> format's similarity with Wavefront .obj format makes it quite useful for
> people like me to modify scenery without TerraGear. I just havent started
> using TerraGear and hope I would not be forced to do so.

Ranga,

I will leave the ascii format loader in place for now, but it is
becoming increasingly 'dated' as time goes on.  There will likely be
some point in the future where we won't be able to move forward the
way we'd want to and still preserve this compatibility.

It might be worth discussing this 'offline' to see what your specific
needs are and if we can find an easy path to get your local stuff
updated.

plib can load a variety of formats, so beyond the terrain and the
airport object, you should be able add an arbitrary number of
additional objects to the scene using the wavefront .obj format if you
choose.