-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Jonathan
Polley
Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2002 5:07 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Redhat (vs debian) / BSD OK?

Personally, I use Red Hat 7.1 and have had no problems building
FlightGear.
   I have had some problems upgrading to 7.2 so I have stayed where I
am.
 From the friends that I have who use Linux, Debian seems to be the
preferred distribution.  Debian has a superior package manager, but I
have
found old versions (2.2) to be rather difficult to install (OK, I prefer

the graphical installation process of RH).  I am planning to transition
when 3.0 arrives (soon?).

Jonathan Polley

p.s.  I have had none of the problems with OpenGL that is warned in the
FAQ and am running gcc 2.9x, rather than 3.