Major A wrote:
> This may or may not have anything to do with the jet code, but with
> the 747-yasim, I cannot slow the plane below about 280kt in level
> flight at 3000ft ASL with throttles at minimum and full flaps, which
> makes the plane rather hard to land...

By way of disclosure: there is a known bug in the YASim computation of
drag from flaps, which results in far too little drag being applied at
full flaps.  But that's not your problem. :)

You seem to be expecting the aircraft to slow instantly when you pull
back on the throttles.  It won't.  It's a *big* jet, and it takes a
*long* time to resond to speed changes.  I can verify that it trims
nicely for approach at 136 knots when fuel is at 20% (you have to do
this manually; the default is 50%, which is much heavier).  This
behavior is guaranteed by the YASim solver, in fact.

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA