Melchior FRANZ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Yes, but what strikes me is, that they are almost invisible, yet produce
> a series of wrong AGL values. I would have expected only one wrong value,
> if at all. And then, AGL in the gap should be very huge (infinity or earth
> radius :-), but why zero?
It could be clamped, I forget.

> No wonder that the fdm's don't like that. A huge
> value would probably only make the AGL radar flash a wrong value, but it
> wouldn't have further, malign effects.
Crash detection is triggered in some cases which will basically shutdown fdm.
 Any other malign effects?

When I get some time I'll run further tests and maybe come up with a patch to
avoid this sort of glitch.  It would be helpful if someone happened to know
why this gap happens in the scenery data sometimes.  Right now I'm in the
middle of moving my own stuff to a new machine with a newer distro, so be a
little patient  please :-)

BTW Anyone have any RH 7.2 suggestions (other than formatting and installing
debian)?  Any hope for the 2.96 compiler?  OT so respond off list.

Best,

Jim