Curtis L. Olson writes:
> We might need to learn more about how the imposters are rendered.  I
> don't think this is an issue of drawing the imposter once it is
> generated, but in generating the imposter in the first place.

The Impostors are generated with regular OpenGL calls just
like everything else and then read out of the back buffer into
a texture which then serves as an 'impostor' for the real OpenGL
object.  eg you are substituting a glQuad for the entire set of
calls that were made to draw the object initially.  hence the
name 'impostor'.

You can see the impostors getting created after you find and follow
the directions in this line in SkyCloud.cpp
// Uncomment this swap buffers to visualize cloud illumination computation.

Whatching these things get created gives you a GOOD ideaof how much
work the 'impostor' is saving you

Norman