> >This sounds vaguely like it's related to the glPolygonOffset issue I
> >mentioned.  The offsets for the instrument layers would be different
> >from the background offset by a number proportional to the "depth
> >slope" of the polygon.  I posted a 1-liner fix, and I think it made it
> >into CVS.  Can you try current CVS and see if it's fixed?
>
> As soon as I get hardware acceleration re-working on that machine (went
> South during an attempted upgrade to XFree86 4.2) I'll post back how it
> works...

I can confirm that both 2D and 3D panels (747 and A4) are shown
correctly with no flicker on XFree86 4.2.1-4 from Debian sid with
linux 2.4.20 and ATI's unified (fglrx) drivers, version 2.5.1, on x86.

There is another issue with the A4 though -- pressing shift-KP8 gives
a default view which is nicely out of the window, but the instruments
are no longer on the screen. This is probably a simple bug in the xml
files, but I don't have the time to dig into it and fix it.

  Andras