Jon Berndt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> This is exactly what I've been pushing for in that last day or two.
>
> > FWIW it makes the most sense to me to have the origin at the center of
> > the bounding sphere of the model
>
> I'm not arguing that this doesn't make sense, BTW, just that it is ambiguous

This is sounding reasonable, using the nose.  You're right, it is easy to explain.

The only thing I would add is that it would be nice to get the lon/lat/alt
reported at a fixed position e.g. the nose.

If we can accomplish that then we're way ahead in making two of FDM's
compatible since it is my understanding that YASim happens to work this way
already.

Besides in my flight modeling methodology deficient mind,  it kind of makes
sense that position data is tied to a fixed location on the aircraft.

Best,

Jim