Andy:

Thanks for the suggestions -- I will try them all out, especially the
elevator adjustments.

It is worth noting, however, that even when I have succeeded in
getting a sharp nose drop in a power-off stall on a 172, I have not
seen a wing drop.  You get a bit of roll with a power-on stall, and
you can get a strong wing drop sometimes in a departure (banked)
stall, but even when the nose drops like a roller coaster in a 172,
the wings stay pretty-much level.

I know that in a real plane the wing root stalls first because it has
a higher incidence angle than the wing tips -- would that account for
the roll stability in a stall, even with the sharp pitching down?

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/