Jon Stockill writes:

 > > Then, late, you can specify rules for which ones get included or
 > > excluded in a build (i.e. the DAFIF KSFO and the X-Plane KSFO are
 > > treated as different, mutually-exclusive airports).
 >
 > Hmmm.... It seems like that's just putting off the problem - but it would
 > mean we could actually get the data in the system.

Actually, it's a virtuous circle -- it puts off the problem *and* it's
The Right Way To Do It (at least, it's the way a good DBA would handle
it).  Never pour concrete all over your data until the last possible
second.  You can create a third table of virtual airports pointing to
either the DAFIF or the XPlane description for each one, and this
table can be manually tweaked to refine the automatic merge.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/