As for 1.0, although its just a number, I personally think its a pretty
significant number, and probably worth a bit of work polishing bugs , user
interface, and installation problems out as much as possible before
release.  It might also make a good opportunity to test Curt's contention
that the front page of Slashdot wouldn't break his servers :-)  There seem
to be some problems with the JSBSim gear model which I'd have down as a
show-stopper for 1.0, and I'd have thought that displaced thesholds and the
arrows pointing to them would have to be pretty high on the list of
features that would be expected to make it in.  My personal hope as a
non-US citizen is that world-wide DEM-3 data from STRM becomes available
prior to 1.0, but I'm not holding my breath on that one any more.

Cheers - Dave
All the paranoid people wait for 1.0.2 anyway ;)