On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 07:46:16 -0500
 David Megginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Jon Berndt wrote:

If neither of the two (YASim and JSBSim) are appropriate for your
expectations, you can code a special flight model in C within LaRCSim or perhaps set up a special model in UIUC-LaRCSim, although I am not very familiar with that.

Right, but that's roughly equivalent to writing your own operating system to support your spreadsheet. If there's something that you cannot get from YASim or JSBSim, we'd prefer to improve them if we can, since other people might need the same functionality in the future.

David

Good point. I was just pointing out that sometimes code changes are required for special needs, such as in the icing studies done using UIUC-Larcsim. I would think we ought to be able to model a paraglider within JSBSim as it is, currently, but I haven't had time to think about that much.

Jon