For the textures, I was wondering whether it will be possible to have a set of
textures for every airline.  For example, if the player wants to fly KLM, the
command line can be --aircraft=MD-11-KLM; if the player wants to fly Swiss,
then the command line can be --aircraft=MD-11-Swiss.  Can this be done?

I also have some questions regarding how FlightGear handles models.
1.  How should the model be positioned in the 3D program: should the center of
gravity locate at [0,0,0], or should the very left side of the aircraft be
[0,y,z], the bow be [x,0,z], and the landing gear rest of [x,y,0]?
2.  Currently, I am using 1 unit = 10 centimeters as the scale in the 3D
program that I am using.  What should the actual value be?  1 unit = 1 meter?
3.  How does the LOD system in FlightGear works?  Is it capable of assigning
different parts of the aircraft with different LOD?  Meaning, can the LOD of
the engines change while that of the fuselage remains the same?
4.  Must the under carriages be included or does FlightGear allow parts
sharing between models?
5.  Must there be textures?  If I want to leave some parts blank, will that
create any problem?

I also have some questions regarding the MD-11 itself:
1.  What is the size of the cockpit?
2.  What are the sizes of the undercarriage doors?
3.  In what way do the under carriages extend and retract?

Thanks in advance,
Ampere