On Saturday 18 September 2004 10:14, Vivian Meazza wrote:
> Lee Elliott wrote:
> > Sent: Friday, September 17, 2004 9:57 PM
> > To: FlightGear developers discussions

Hello Vivian,

I guess I'd better try to find some helmet 3-views;)

I tried your suggestion of accelerating a little before releasing and then
braking but the bombs are definitely staying in the same place after release.
The <buoyancy> setting doesn't seem to be working either.  I was originally
using a <buoyancy> setting of 31 so that the bombs would fall slowly,
allowing me to judge the <eda> value I needed but even when I set <buoyancy>
to 34, so that they should rise, they still stayed in the same place, neither
moving backwards or forwards, or up or down.  When I set the <speed> to 100 I
noticed that the bombs were all aligned correctly but when I tried re-setting
it back to 0 I could see the alignment changing, as you said it would.

I expected though, that if I used a +ve <speed> value, the bombs should move
forward away from the a/c if they're released while the plane's stationary
but they don't.

I'm just not seeing what you describe, and what I'd expect (I agree with you
on Newton;) re the bombs catching up and overtaking the a/c when the brakes
are put on.

Hmm... It's just occurred to me that although my cvs is up to date, I haven't
copied over the base package data for a couple of days - is there anything in
there that could be causing this problem?  I've got to go out now but I'll
try copying over the latest data too, when I get back.

LeeE