On Saturday 18 September 2004 19:05, Vivian Meazza wrote:
> I wrote
>
> > Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2004 3:44 PM
> > To: 'FlightGear developers discussions'
> > Subject: RE: [Flightgear-devel] Problem with ballistic
> > sub-model
> >

> > ... Snip ...
> >
> > > Hmm... It's just occurred to me that although my cvs is up
> > > to date, I haven't
> > > copied over the base package data for a couple of days -
> > > is there anything in
> > > there that could be causing this problem?  I've got to go
> > > out now but I'll
> > > try copying over the latest data too, when I get back.
> > >
> > > LeeE
> >
> > It's just occurred to me that I'm using my local version, so
> > it's possible that I haven't asked Erik to upload one of the
> > multitude of files it requires to alter one parameter, or
> > there's something wrong with the files I sent in. It's
> > definitely OK here with your model. I'll check. There's
> > nothing in the base package.
> >
> > BTW negative velocities don't work, otherwise drag would
> > cause things to run backwards. If you want submodels to move
> > to the rear apply a +ve speed with 180 yaw offset.
> >
> > Bone dome is easy - there's a Mk1A in the Hunter models.
> > Feel free to use it. There's no under-helmet right now - on
> > my to-do list. You'll need the visor as well.
>
> Lee
>
> Blown that theory. I've just downloaded and recompiled. The
> Red Beard does what it should. I've made it go up, down,
> forward, back
>
> Buoyancy (sp ?) etc. all work. Try Buoyancy = 32 and eda = 0
> (eda = 1 is the non-op), and you'll see that the parent
> velocities are transferred to the submodel.
>
> I can't think of anything else to suggest.
>
> Regards
>
> Vivian

Hmm...  Just re-updated from cvs - no significant changes.
Copied over all the latest data, did a make clean in both
SimGear and FlightGear before re-compiling but still get no
change.

This is odd.

If it wasn't for the fact that the same model works for you I'd
suspect I'd got something wrong in the set-up.

How do I fire the cannon in the Spitfire?  I can't see a
key-mapping anywhere.  I suppose I could fire it via the
property browser but that just makes me feel even more strongly
that there's something wrong my end.

LeeE