On Saturday 18 September 2004 23:06, Lee Elliott wrote:
> On Saturday 18 September 2004 19:05, Vivian Meazza wrote:
> > I wrote
> >
> > > Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2004 3:44 PM
> > > To: 'FlightGear developers discussions'
> > > Subject: RE: [Flightgear-devel] Problem with ballistic
> > > sub-model
> > >

> > > ... Snip ...

> > > It's just occurred to me that I'm using my local version,
> > > so it's possible that I haven't asked Erik to upload one
> > > of the multitude of files it requires to alter one
> > > parameter, or there's something wrong with the files I
> > > sent in. It's definitely OK here with your model. I'll
> > > check. There's nothing in the base package.
> > >
> > > BTW negative velocities don't work, otherwise drag would
> > > cause things to run backwards. If you want submodels to
> > > move to the rear apply a +ve speed with 180 yaw offset.
> > >
> > > Bone dome is easy - there's a Mk1A in the Hunter models.
> > > Feel free to use it. There's no under-helmet right now -
> > > on my to-do list. You'll need the visor as well.
> >
> > Lee
> >
> > Blown that theory. I've just downloaded and recompiled. The
> > Red Beard does what it should. I've made it go up, down,
> > forward, back
> >
> > Buoyancy (sp ?) etc. all work. Try Buoyancy = 32 and eda = 0
> > (eda = 1 is the non-op), and you'll see that the parent
> > velocities are transferred to the submodel.
> >
> > I can't think of anything else to suggest.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Vivian
>
> Hmm...  Just re-updated from cvs - no significant changes.
> Copied over all the latest data, did a make clean in both
> SimGear and FlightGear before re-compiling but still get no
> change.
>
> This is odd.
>
> If it wasn't for the fact that the same model works for you
> I'd suspect I'd got something wrong in the set-up.
>
> How do I fire the cannon in the Spitfire?  I can't see a
> key-mapping anywhere.  I suppose I could fire it via the
> property browser but that just makes me feel even more
> strongly that there's something wrong my end.
>
> LeeE

Hmm... (part 2)

Just tried firing the Spitfire cannon via the property browser
and while I could hear the cannon firing I couldn't see anything
leaving the a/c.

Could a library version mismatch cause this?

There must be a problem at this end because it works for you on
your system but I'm at a bit of a loss to explain it - the
compilations of SimGear & FlightGear seem to go fine.  I haven't
updated plib for a while - could the problem lie there?

LeeE