I wrote:

> Andy Ross wrote
>

> > I'm quite certain this technique works.  It's been in there, and
> > actively used, since day one.
>
> Yes, I know it should work, and I'm familiar with its use elsewhere: this
> was behind my query yesterday. It seems to partially work. Odd. Well, I'll
> just have to eliminate all possibilities one by one. I think
> PropEngine.cpp
> is a likely candidate, but I haven't had time to look in depth yet.
>
> I'm very keen to make this work: it looks like the right way to proceed.

Here's the result of a short experiment:

This is the entry in the config file

<control-input axis="/controls/engines/engine[0]/boost-control"
control="THROTTLE"/>

Here is the setting in the property browser

Controls/engines/engine/boost-control= 1.0

Here is the output in the property browser

Engines/engine/boost-pressure-psi-gauge = 46.00167 (correct order of boost)
Engines/engine/mp-inhg = 123.613
Engines/engine/prop-thrust = 4655.708495
Velocities/airspeed-kt = 49.599

Something very odd is going on.

V.