On Saturday 18 June 2005 01:09, Andy Ross wrote:

> mp-pascals: Is this needed?  The standard so far for manifold pressure
>    has always been inHg.  Having lots of duplicate units around
>    complicates things; we can always do conversions in the panel
>    animations or Nasal code.

In this case inch Hg is wrong, because it is not an SI-unit.
Pascal (Pa) is a SI-Unit so that should be used in the base code.
Conversion from none SI-Unit can still be done in nasal code.

We should really try to use only SI-units everywhere in the base code.
If this is not the case, we should start to correct that.

> boost-pressure-psi-gauge: This looks to have been hardcoded to sea
>    level; it should be using ambient, no?  Also, must the units be
>    PSI, or can I change them to inhg?
Both is wrong, the SI-Unit Pascal (Pa) should be used.

Best Regards,
 Oliver C.