> There is already a new 737 model and 3D panel in the pipe
> line.

Which one are you referring to? The current CVS model?

I think I could contribute to FlightGear by writing code for
instruments. Inspired by Benedikt Stratmann's x737 for X-Plane, it
would be nice to have a 737 or so which is a 1:1 model of the real
thing. I'd be ready to try coding an autopilot and the FMS if someone
can get me the right manuals. We should settle for a particular type
of plane before we start, of course (e.g., the A/P in the 737NG series
is very different from any other A/P, I'm told).

BTW, a rather nice feature of X-Plane (well, compared to MSFS at
least) is the scrolling panel so that you get access to all controls
just by scrolling, without popping up subpanels. Are there thoughts of
how full-features aircraft panels (737, let alone Concorde etc.) are
to be laid out in FG?

  Andras