On Wednesday 06 December 2006 19:09, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> I hereby declare that branch in the data/ dir dead. There are
> *no* differences between that PLIB branch and HEAD, except those
> that were caused by the synchonization horror. Some people don't

Not true: As extensively discussed on the mailing list (and agreed upon by
most developers prior to the switch), the main development effort should
focus on an OSG based flightgear in CVS HEAD, after branching off a stable
version intended for bugfixes and a possible release.

I'm in the process of reorganizing the directory structure of AI traffic in
CVS HEAD, and this aready has had some ramifications for the base package.
Since I consider this a new feature, I'm focusing my efforts on CVS HEAD
only, and leave the existing directory structure as it was in CVS PLIB (both
code and data).

So, the natural way is that new features / Aircraft go into CVS head (and CVS
HEAD only), while CVS PRE OSG should be maintained for bugfixes only.

> know that such a branch exists and hence don't commit there,
> others don't commit there although they know it. And I'm tired
> of the useless double commits and won't continue them. HEAD
> still works for the PLIB_OSG_PRE_... executable version.

Well, there's no reason to, as CVS PLIB should only be maintained for apparent
bugfixes. CVS HEAD is improving at a rapid pace (Congrats Matthias), but
until we have all the functionality of we should keep a separate branch of a
matching data dir. Once OSG FlightGear is up to specs, the PLIB branches can
be jettisoned, but not before that time.

> I suggest, that a "PLIB" branch (yes, only "PLIB", without the
> random number) be created for only those *files* that *really*
> need a PLIB and a OSG version. Not the whole data/ dir, and
> also not a whole aircraft dir. And whoever does that shall be
> the only one responsible for synchronization.  :-P
>
> m.
>

> PS: the PRE_OSG_PLIB_<random number> branch should probably
>     be removed

Nope.

Cheers,
Durk