--- Curtis Olson wrote:

> More on this later, but here's a quick link:
>
>     http://www.bomots.de/flightgear/index.htm
>
> Bomots has just published a FlightGear book in the German language.  The
> title is "FlightGear kompakt", ISBN: 3-939316-12-1.
>
> I have a copy in front of me and it it looks really nice.  (I say looks
> because I don't exactly read German very well.)  It's very current and
> includes a lot of pictures of the various available FlightGear aircraft.

It looks like it is very well put together.

>From the extract Heiko linked to on the -user list is quite impressive. In
particular the labeled diagrams of the default panel instruments are very
clear.

Pity they didn't switch anti-aliasing on the for the screenshots and chose
an aircraft with gear sunk into the ground!

I have previously investigated using some web-based print-on-demand
publisher to get a properly bound version of The FlightGear Manual. With
the latest revisions, The Manual is improving rapidly, and getting much
bigger so printing it out on a laser-printer is no-longer efficient. If
there was enough interest, such a book might provide another little useful
revenue stream to cover some of the server running costs.

>From what I recall, the cost of printing the manual through lulu.com was
something in the region of $20, though I don't recall if that was in B&W
or colour.

-Stuart

All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard
protect you. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html