Melchior FRANZ wrote:

> Umm, but how is it the "official" FlightGear-user handbook.
> In which way is it "official"? Authorized in any way? Or is
> it just TFM (The FlightGear Manual) translated? Just
> marketing speak?! Yes probably ...

Yup, indeed this is just marketing speak, no "official" blessing at
all. The publisher approached me approx. two years ago in order to make
we write this book (apparently I declined to do so) but apparently
forgot to let anyone proof-read the book before it got into print ....

The book indeed contains some small glitches, but to my impression
these are not too serious not to recomment this book. I'd say it is a
really good start for Joe Average into using FlightGear and it'll keep
him busy exploring new features for a while. By comparing its level to
that of the popular "Data Becker" books - do they still exist ? - then
I'd certainly consider this FlightGear book as superior,

Martin.